Embrace blogging to engage, boost visibility, and drive traffic. It’s a vital tool for business success in today’s digital landscape.
Should You Have a Blog on Your Website?
There is clear evidence that more businesses are investing in website development with attention to layout, color schemes, navigation, and content. That’s important because your website houses the information you want your target audience to know about your business. However, if your website contains nothing but static content, then it’s really nothing more than an electronic brochure, which will attract very few visitors. That’s why you need a blog.
If You Build It (a Blog), They Will Come
Today, an increasing number of businesses point to blogging as their most important inbound marketing initiative. Many have experienced greater engagement with their prospects and clients and higher visibility among their target market.
There are two key elements in blogging that are responsible for this phenomenon: search engines and social media engagement.
Search Engines will find you
The search engines look for sites that frequently publish new content. When new content is posted, the search engines release their bots to crawl through your website. They’re especially attracted to high quality content that’s optimized for search engines (SEO-friendly). If they keep coming back, your rankings in the search engines will rise.
Blogs are social media mechanisms
If your blog is equipped with a social media publisher, it will automatically publish your posts on your social media sites, which creates opportunities for sharing among your social networks. That increases traffic to your blog and website, pushing it higher in the search engine rankings.
Other tips to ensure high traffic to your blog:
- Use images, graphs and charts to help convey your message and improve readability.
- Optimize your blog title and content. Using some basic Search Engine Optimization techniques will greatly improve your blog’s visibility.
- Make sure your message is targeted. Know your audience. If you are writing about what they want to know about, they will find you.
- Update your blog frequently. The more updates, the more often the search engines will find and rank you. We recommend publishing a new blog post at least monthly.
- Have your blog updates posted to your social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Use a content management program to track visitors to your blog and their activities so you can determine which types of content are attracting more traffic.
If you don’t have the skills or inclination to write fresh and compelling content three or four times a month, partner with a freelance writer with knowledge or experience in your field. On freelance sites like Upwork.com you can find qualified business writers to write content in your voice for $50 to $100 per blog post. The results will be well worth the investment.
The Benefits of Mobile Banking and Remote Deposit Capture - Embrace mobile banking now! Streamline operations, access funds, and manage finances conveniently—maximize your business potential.
Best Practices for Protecting My Business Online - Secure your business online: Understand cloud security, train employees, encrypt local data, and clarify provider responsibilities to prevent data breaches.
Using ACH to Improve Cash Flow - Discover how ACH streamlines finances: cost savings, faster transactions, improved cash flow, and security. Maximize benefits with bank collaboration.
10 Ideas to Help You Recruit New Talent - In today’s highly competitive arena, effective recruitment must be an ongoing process requiring adaptability and continuous improvement. Here are 10 ideas to help you recruit new talent.
How AI Could Improve Your Business - Small businesses are beginning to integrate AI technology into their operations. Can AI impact your businesses performance making it worthwhile? Here’s how small businesses are benefiting from AI technology.
Using a Small Business Loan to Expand Your Services - Using a small business loan to expand services can bring growth opportunities. It can also involve financial risk. Here are the steps to consider.
- Local, State, and Federal Resources for Your Business
- Security Essentials for Keeping Business Data Safe
- Leveraging Your Bank’s Cash Management Services to Improve Your Business
- When is the Best Time to Obtain a Business Loan?
- How Much Insurance Do I Need for My Business?
- Incorporating the Latest Merchant Services Technology for Your Business
- A Checklist for Getting Your Small Business Tax Compliant
- How Third-Party Data Can Help Target Marketing
- Is Your Small Business Taking on too Much Debt? Steps to Take to Pay it Down More Quickly
- Leveraging Digital, Direct Mail, and Social Media to Drive Business Customer Acquisition
- Businesses Should Plan Ahead for Year-End Tax Strategies
- Cash Flow Management Tips for Small Businesses
- Recruiting Top-Tier Talent in a Tight Job Market
- Sales or Marketing – Banks Need Both to Grow Revenues
- The Biggest Security Threat to Your Business
- How to Prevent Employee Fraud in Your Business
- There's Still Time to Claim the Employee Retention Credit. What is it, and How to Qualify
- Preparing Your Business to Borrow
- Insurance Essentials for Managing the Many Small Business Risks
- Employers are finding that remote work can be an effective way to increase productivity and lower cost
- Is Your Business Prepared for Generation Z?
- Don't Let Your Business be the Next Ransomware Victim
- Taking Advantage of Bank Cash Management Technology
- How to Take Your Digital Marketing to the Next Level
- How Annual Assessments Can Prevent Fraud in Your Business
- How to Position Your Bank as a Trusted Advisor for Small Businesses - And Why it Matters
- Getting to Yes with a Solid Loan Proposal